12 x 22.5-inch Workbench Mat
What I've noticed is that I always end using a couple of mats in my shop at the same time. So it's only fair to make it easier for you to get a couple too.
This Mat is also available for purchase on Amazon (Check the current price on Amazon here).
Shipping is $5. I'm running low on this size due to Silicone supply problems but you can still purchase from me on Amazon
Why a Silicone Mat?
Silicone's properties make it perfect for your workbench.
All types of Glue(CA, Wood, Epoxy) easily come off of silicone.
These mats are thick enough to protect your project from scratches and dings while sanding and finishing.
Cleanup of sawdust, oils, and other finishes, and glue are extremely easy.
Two of the small mats are about the same price as a large mat and give you more options for placement.
This Silicone mat is the perfect addition to the top of your workbench. Protects your project, Glue will not stick to the mat, cleanup is very easy, and looks good in your shop.
This Mat is also available for purchase on Amazon (Check the current price on Amazon here). The price is similar to here if you buy more than one.
Benefits of Silicone over the Alternatives
Silicone Mat details:
- Size: 12 x 22.5 inches and 1/8 inch thick.
- Non-Stick: Wood glue and almost any other glue you use will not stick to silicone. Peels off or wipe off easily.
- Heat Resistant: Temperature range of -60C to 230C(about 445F) This can be exceeded without significant damage.
- Non-Toxic: Unlike plastics and other types of rubber, Silicone will not off-gas contaminates at higher temperatures.
- Thick Mat: This mat is 1/8 inch thick which is more than thick enough to protect your project from dings and scratches in your workbench.
- Non-Slip: The design on the back of the mat will help keep the mat from sliding around while working on top of your workbench.